Whiteboard Wednesday – 3/6/13: iForms Tutorial Video Updates
Attention iForms users! We’re making some changes to our tutorial videos and wanted to make sure you were aware of what was going on.
We currently have 10 tutorial design videos for iForms Server 1.x that have been in existence for a little more than a year. While these are still beneficial for giving users a very high-level understanding of how the product works, the details of the product have changed. We feel, as time goes on, that the current videos may be more confusing than helpful.
Additionally, many of our customers have upgraded or are planning to upgrade to iForms Server 2.x in the near future. With that in mind, we’ve made the following changes:
- The tutorial videos are no longer hosted on our YouTube page.
- They are available on our support site.
- On the support site, search for “Introduction to iForms” (5 part series) or “iForms: Designing a Database Driven Form” (another 5-parter) to find them. Or you can click here to get a list of all 10.
- At the beginning of each video is the note: This video applies to iForms Server 1.x. If you are using iForms Server 2.x, contact RJS Software. (You can still use these videos for basic design principles, but the interface of the designer and the way you use it has changed drastically. So watching the videos for how to use the designer is no longer a good idea.)
What the documentation team has planned for iForms Server 2.x documentation:
- The iForms Workbook (an implementation guide) is nearly ready.
- The iForms Library User Guide is close to being finished.
- New design videos will be a top priority in the coming months.